Vena Solutions is proud to present Enterprise Budgeting & Planning with Excel for Dummies, a new written especially for CFOs, VPs of Finance, Finance Directors, Accountants and Controllers who want to improve their budgeting and planning processes without giving up their existing Excel investments and infrastructure.
In this, the first in a three-part series by Rishi Grover, you’ll get a high level overview of the book’s contents, purpose and target audience.
Enterprise Budgeting & Planning with Excel for Dummies looks at the benefits and challenges of using Excel for budgeting and planning, and outlines options to deal with the challenges.
Get your free copy here.
Examining the pros and cons of Excel vs. more traditional, complex ERP and corporate performance management (CPM) software, the book lays out how you can in fact get the best of both worlds. It wraps up with a 10-point checklist for finding your ideal budgeting and planning solution – with the familiarity and features your team wants, and the enterprise-level control, collaboration and security you need.
Designed for CFOs, VPs of Finance, Finance Directors, Accountants and Controllers, the book is your definitive guide to improving your budgeting and planning processes without giving up your existing Excel investments and infrastructure.
Enterprise Budgeting & Planning with Excel for Dummies breaks down the often complicated topic into short, easy to follow chapters:
- Understanding Enterprise Budgeting & Planning: Striking the right balance between easy to use tools and reliable, enterprise solutions, and looking at the issues you’ll encounter trying to satisfy these sometimes conflicting goals.
- Using Excel for Budgeting & Planning: With organizations of all sizes using Excel for budgeting and planning, understanding why it’s so popular, why standalone Excel isn’t an enterprise-grade finance solution, and when you’re likely outgrowing Excel on its own.
- Looking at Traditional Enterprise Solutions: Whether you’re looking to replace or extend your Excel spreadsheets, taking a look at the considerations you’ll want to include in your decision making process.
- Getting the Best of Both Worlds: Instead of choosing between Excel and more complex financial software, learn how to get the best of both worlds – the Excel you love and the control you need.
- Top 10 Criteria for Selecting Your Ideal Budgeting Solution: A clear and concise checklist for finding the best enterprise-class AND Excel-based solution for your budgeting, planning and forecasting needs.
Stay tuned for the second in our three-part blog series on Enterprise Budgeting & Planning with Excel for Dummies, focusing on the specific pros and cons of using Excel compared to more traditional ERP or CPM solutions.
Get your free copy of the book here.